Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The defect in this one...

I had a Napoleon Dynamite moment of sorts, today. After track practice, my brother (who volunteers as my assistant coach) had to go to work at his restaurant job. Since we have a track meet in two days, I decided to go to his place of employment and sat at one of his tables to fill out my order of events for the meet. I ordered a beer and onion peels, and he'd come by once in awhile to see what person I'd put in each event, check out the relay orders, etc.

I took my second sip of beer and I thought to myself, "Man, this is a funny tasting beer!" I could smell something and I licked the top of the bottle and confirmed the thought that had come to my mind. My brother walked by, and I said (maybe too loud), "This bottle has bleach on it!" He told me not to make a big deal out of it and went and got me another beer. He brought another one to me and I had a quotable ready:

"The defect in this one is bleach."




He laughed. I laughed. An odd moment, but we had a good time and got our meet assignments ready for Thursday..

Evidently, they have to do a lot of cleaning around the bar. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

5 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 4:57 AM, Blogger Fëanor said...

In my case, there was just some residue on the bottle neck, but it was still nasty.

 
At 3/30/2006 8:48 PM, Blogger Kay said...

i'm sorry for your bad luck, but what a brilliant opportunity to quote Napoleon. :)

 
At 3/31/2006 3:05 PM, Blogger Thom Trahan said...

Fëanor, i saw these today, WATCH THEM.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/sub_122.shtml

 
At 4/01/2006 9:10 AM, Blogger dean r said...

what do you suggest for Tampa, ZZ-top? ... time for post... hey Feanor, hope all is well. laterz....

 
At 4/01/2006 12:24 PM, Blogger Fëanor said...

Actually, Dean, I would recommend some Geto Boys blasted full-volume through two twelves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home