Monday, January 30, 2006

Personality test time again...


Modern, Cool Nerd

82 % Nerd, 60% Geek, 34% Dork

For The Record:


A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.

A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.


You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.



Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!
Thanks Again! -- THE NERD? GEEK? OR DORK? TEST

4 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 6:46 PM, Blogger Fëanor said...

Well, I was just honest. As you can see, I'm quite a bit geek, too. I used to think I was a JRR Tolkien nerd (or a Star Wars DORK, LOL), but I am really a geek on both of those counts.

 
At 1/30/2006 7:03 PM, Blogger AWG said...

Glad we got THAT out of the way.

;-)

 
At 1/31/2006 4:33 AM, Blogger Kay said...

Hi nerd. :) Make that, cool nerd. :)

 
At 1/31/2006 3:48 PM, Blogger dean r said...

based on your definitions I offer my own ideas:
I'm a nerd -- the way I read new yorker, listen to public radio, and boy did those People magazines used to suck me in, from page to page in the Wal-Mart breakroom.
I'm a geek when it comes to landscaping with daylilies...
and I'm a dork when a hotter than usual girl acts the least bit interested and I never feel like I'm saying or doing the right thing...Ugh.... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home