Saturday, March 18, 2006

Still Got It!

We had a good track practice yesterday. My brother has started working with the sprinters and it's helped me a lot to have an assistant coach. I'm glad he stepped up and volunteered to do this since the school will not provide me with an assistant.

Meanwhile, I'm free to do more work with the distance team. My runners need to learn to pace themselves, and I decided to suit up and set the pace for them on a three-mile run. Three eight-minute miles would provide for 24 minutes of continuous running - or so I thought.

I started with three, then ended up with just one staying with me after the first few laps. After we hit two miles, nearly at the 16 minute target, my last runner gave out and I continued to run the last mile on my own while the rest of them did it at their own pace. I finished at 24:34, which is horrible compared to my time 10 years ago, but it still felt good to know that none of my kids can keep up with me in a three mile race. It may be some incentive for me to get back in shape!

PS - Anyone else having trouble adding images to their posts?

1 Comments:

At 3/20/2006 4:32 PM, Blogger dean r said...

yay for running, good job man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home