Friday, March 03, 2006

iPod Marketing Campaign

I've rented a cubicle at Laptop Lane for a few minutes of my stay in the Atlanta airport... quite comfortable! I'm here to launch a new marketing campaign for iPod, or any other such listening device company that will pay me for my idea - doesn't matter.

Anyway, here's the ad:

There's a guy trying to catch some Zs on a flight when he is awakened by a wailing baby. I mean this baby is going to town and it is downright agonizing. The guy puts his face in his hands, and the bubbles show various thoughts, including a vasectomy, until he looks in front of him to someone (perhaps a woman for gender balance) who is listening away on their iPod and having a great time. Looking over to the guy next to him, he points to the person in front and says, "I have GOT to get an iPod."

END AD

I know you're all wondering, how does one come up with such great ideas? Well, I have just LIVED this scenario (along with the quote at the end) for an entire hour! I'd GLADLY take some of that hearing loss we're hearing about in exchange for not being annoyed by a damn baby that won't shut up!

And you all thought I was just someone with great ideas.

2 Comments:

At 3/03/2006 10:40 AM, Blogger Thom Trahan said...

it cracks me up to hear the idiots in the media saying "ipod earbuds will make you lose your hearing"... I mean, those are the same type of headphones that came with my cassette player like 20 years ago! Where was the media then? I'll tell you where, they were making the same statements that they are today. And do I still have my hearing? Well, some of it.

Anyways, pretty soon we're going to get a Dateline episode about how battery operated watches could possibly explode. (because the batteries in them WILL eventually explode, if exposed to the right amount of temperature... like the temperature ON THE SUN.)

Anyways, i gotta get back to work.

 
At 3/04/2006 9:14 AM, Blogger Kay said...

hey feanor, that sounds like a good idea. i've got another, something i have been living for the past couple of weeks---irriatating co-workers that won't leave you alone. "I have GOT to get an iPod!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home