Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Spring is here again...


I arrived at work this morning after a wonderful and restful Mardi Gras break and noticed a change in the air. The sun was shining (I'm noticing it's rising earlier again), the air was crisp and clear and NOT COLD. I took a deep breath and allowed myself to come to life along with everything else that surrounded me. There are only 60 working days left - of which I only have to work 45 due to sick leave - and I know I'm going to make it... well, I think strongly that I'm going to make it. Track and Field is going well and I'm looking forward to my athletes competing in the meets.

While we still await some news from South Carolina, I take comfort in the fact that it's in the Lord's (or the Anglo-Saxon pagan god of jobs') hands, who rejoices in our victories. After doing a little painting, we will be putting our house on the market and hopefully making a slight profit. Life is good and on the way up.

Listening to:
Megadeth: Countdown to Extinction

4 Comments:

At 3/01/2006 9:38 AM, Blogger AWG said...

It's really warm here. Glad to see you're crankin' up the Megadeth. Don't forget ... "Peace Sells ... But Who's Buying?"

 
At 3/01/2006 4:10 PM, Blogger Fëanor said...

Man, you're never too old for a little Megadeth... I actually find it energetic and uplifting, although I am starting to prefer more laid-back, but still heavy, music.

 
At 3/01/2006 9:08 PM, Blogger AWG said...

I have one Mortal album called "Pura." My buddy Edit Machine (over at www.editnerd.blogspot.com) was really into Mortal. Good stuff.

 
At 3/02/2006 3:18 PM, Blogger Thom Trahan said...

Is this the same band? if the html didn't work, you can copy paste this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006JSCA/qid=1141341403/sr=2-3/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_3/103-9957801-0588637?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

 

Post a Comment

<< Home