Sunday, February 19, 2006

Don't mess with me, girl!

Hugo Chavez, the "president" of Venezuela, has had plenty of choice words for Secretary of State "Condolencia" Rice. I like the play on words, in which Chavez substitutes her first name for the Spanish word for "condolences." He needs to send condolences to us that we have a wannabe global dictator as Secretary of State.

He made some other great comments that you can read about by following this link.

You notice how we don't seem to get along with anyone who exports oil?

Photo courtesy of www.dictatorofthemonth.com.

6 Comments:

At 2/19/2006 10:37 PM, Blogger Kay said...

I made a post about him a while back, not too long after the hurricanes when he made his offer to sell cheap oil to needy states this winter.

I feel sorry, sometimes, to have a government that seems to wrongly demonize people (though some of them deserve it).

 
At 2/20/2006 5:55 AM, Blogger Fëanor said...

Yeah, I may not totally agree with all of this guy's politics, but I see no need for our government to demonize him the way they do.

 
At 2/20/2006 7:00 AM, Blogger AWG said...

I posted about this as well, Feanor. I can just picture him, hand on his hip, eyes closed and finger zig-zagging in the air, a'la Rosie Perez. Hilarious, yet strangely sad.

 
At 2/20/2006 12:30 PM, Blogger Fëanor said...

The punks always lose... I like that!

 
At 2/20/2006 3:46 PM, Blogger dean r said...

I know many venezuelans in okc who hate this guy. he actually buys rice from china to sell to the poor instead of their own rice. It an awful mess there. don't get me started.....

 
At 2/20/2006 7:21 PM, Blogger Thom Trahan said...

WOW, where can i get some medals like that? They'd go great with my gingerbread man shirt... What the heck are they anyway? I can just picture him being challenged by some luchadore wrestler for the world heavyweight championship... Oh, and i like his quotes too, but i doubt i'd agree with his politics... i haven't really studied the guy, so i couldn't say for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home