Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Moving Forward... Looking Back

Last week I was so worried about collecting references for my job application that it's funny to remember this one week later when my references have all come in. I got three good references that I was not ashamed to put on my application, and I submitted the app. online today. After that, I set up a District Interview with the personnel director in the district where my wife and I are applying. Our interview will be Monday at 2:00 (Eastern)... so Michelle, A-Dub, Tnonymous, etc., please pray for us.

As I prepare for this weekend's trip (to the interview nearly 1,000 miles away), I have been looking through and updating my professional portfolio. I was working so tirelessly while working on my Master's and teacher certification that I never really took time to sit down and look back. Going through my portfolio was like going through a scrapbook: a newspaper article that was published about my class, evaluations from supervisors, awards that I have won, and an essay I wrote about teaching during my first year... the world was so full of possibilities...

AND STILL IS!!!

That's what I've got to realize. While I get down in the present, sometimes, I have to remember that it's been a fun ride and there's more fun to come... and I'm having a little bit of fun here and there right now when I sit back and think about it.

4 Comments:

At 2/07/2006 7:33 PM, Blogger Kay said...

Yay!!
You wrote: ...and an essay I wrote about teaching during my first year... the world was so full of possibilities...

It still is full of possibilities, darlin'. :)
I'll be thinking about you!

 
At 2/07/2006 7:37 PM, Blogger tsduff said...

Hey, good luck. I wish you the very best in your interview. I hope your dreams come true.

 
At 2/08/2006 9:39 AM, Blogger Fëanor said...

Thanks, y'all!

 
At 2/19/2006 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea whether or not you look back and check "old" entries. I just wanted u to have documentation that I did actually think about yall while you were on your journey last week. As we flew over the snowy roof tops and mountains heading toward Atlanta, last Sunday--you and your bride were in my prayers. I do hope that both of you find happiness in your careers and lives.
T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home