Thursday, February 16, 2006

I got that gingerbread... man!

Some of my most faithful readers may remember my November post regarding the Snowman t-shirt controversy stemming from a design created by the rapper, Young Jeezy. Although not a Jeezy fan, I bought one of these shirts, determined that the racist institutions should not have the last word on free speech. Although the establishment loves to talk about diversity, the same folks work to crush any creative venture by minorities. Anyway, I've adapted the design for this year's track t-shirts, and my students like it. Some even remember the story of the gingerbread man!


As far as I know, "gingerbread" is not yet slang for any illicit substance... although maybe someone will think about that next, but for what?

5 Comments:

At 2/16/2006 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are absolutely nuts!!!!!
Cute, though. Do the kids know the REAL meaning behind your logo??
How many kids showed up for tryouts?? I do hope things are successful this season!!!!
"ruhhnn Forrrrest ruhhhn!!!
tnon

 
At 2/16/2006 10:14 PM, Blogger Thom Trahan said...

hell yeah, i want one of those shirts please! I'll even pay you, you know i'm good for it! i wear a large.

 
At 2/17/2006 5:28 AM, Blogger Fëanor said...

I'm glad for the reception... yes, the kids are familiar with the controversy, I'm sure. So much hype over such a simple shirt... I showed them the design and most of them liked it.

Blank, I'll make sure to order one extra for our favorite track booster!

 
At 2/18/2006 2:47 PM, Blogger dean r said...

cocaine must be a fun recfeational drug among track teams in LA, huh?

 
At 2/18/2006 2:48 PM, Blogger dean r said...

oh yeah, I'm size medium adult

 

Post a Comment

<< Home