Thursday, February 16, 2006

Whether I am here or not...

As I look at my calendar and mark off another day, I notice that there are 66 working days left in my contract year. Although A-Dub is much more of a numerologist than I, I think six is supposed to signal incompletion or near-completion or something? However it works out, I comfort myself knowing that my temporary situation is nearing an end.

At the same time, it's been a pretty good week. Of course, we spent the first two days out interviewing for next year, but the last two days have been bearable. I've got a lot of good kids and I find ways to entertain myself during the day. Sometimes, I just start dancing in front of the kids... they get a kick out of it, I get a little exercise, and a good time is had by all. I guess you could say that I'm an idiot or a buffoon for a living. I get paid quite well when you put it in those terms.

The best thing about this week is that the principal has been out sick. Of course, one of my co-workers and I were discussing that we didn't wish any calamity upon her, but we were enjoying her absence all the same. At my old school, when the principal was gone for 3-4 days, the place fell apart. At this school, things are no different (except for the fact that some of our spirits are lifted a bit). One begins to realize just how irrelevant this person is to the running of the school.

It reminds me of a great episode of the office, where Michael is about to dismiss his employees when he is going to a meeting with his corporate boss and a client. When she asks him why, he says, "They just don't get anything done when I'm not here... wait, no, I know how to delegate... they get MORE work done when I'm not here... well, the same amount... whether I am here or not."

3 Comments:

At 2/18/2006 2:49 PM, Blogger dean r said...

OFFICE UK !!!

 
At 2/19/2006 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shake YO' Laffy Taffy!!!!

 
At 2/19/2006 6:02 PM, Blogger Fëanor said...

Hey... it's great to run into a fellow achiever... Thanks for stopping by, dude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home