Sunday, February 26, 2006

Mardi Gras


It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Perhaps, I'll consider going outside later. The best thing about this Sunday is that it will be followed by a Monday and a Tuesday OFF from work! That's one of the things that I will miss about Louisiana when I leave it. As one of my readers/hecklers loves to remind me, there's a distinct culture here that you won't find anywhere else... of course, it's accompanied by some of the worst public schools in the country!

I've taken some time to relax and try to get my mind off of the events to take place next week. We have an appointment with the real estate agent tomorrow afternoon, and are also expecting to hear from the principal we interviewed with at any time that day. Although I have a sure option of full-time graduate study available to me, I am curious as to what the principal will have to say. My greatest concern is that my wife receives a job, which I think is likely. One of her references e-mailed her to tell her that someone had called from the school to ask more questions and seemed very interested in her.

As far as the job I interviewed for goes, it may include the opportunity to teach upper-level classes... an opportunity that does not present itself often. If I am offered this job, I will have to weigh graduate study (which will add to my credentials) against this job (which may make further credentials unnecessary because it's the kind of job I want). The biggest problem is just knowing that this principal wants to contact us and I'm not sure what he will say... but I am sure it must contain at least SOME good news if he wants to take time out of his day to speak with us again.

My brother made an interesting point yesterday when I presented my situation to me. "You can do both," he said. It sounds crazy, but technically, I could pursue the history degree part-time, but it will take awhile and/or not be easy. Anyway, that's all assuming that I am even offered this job.

Regardless, I've got a bird in the hand, and for that I should be thankful.

4 Comments:

At 2/26/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Fëanor said...

Thanks... I totally feel what you're saying. I'm keeping an open mind, and I suppose after I talk to the principal, it will be clear. I will listen carefully!

 
At 2/27/2006 7:23 AM, Blogger Kay said...

everything sounds promising for you, sir. I can't add much more to what Michelle has said, that pretty much sums it up, but my hopes are up fer ya! :)

 
At 2/28/2006 4:37 PM, Blogger dean r said...

options wow! hey is your brother going with y'all to NC?

 
At 2/28/2006 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I a Heckler??
t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home