Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Pleasant Evening...

Saturday was a good day. We slept late, then got up for a leisurely early afternoon spent running errands and packing. I went by the U-Haul place to reserve a truck and to get some boxes, furniture storage covers, etc. Afterwards, I stopped by Caplan's Men's Store (my college employer) to chat with some of the nice folks there. I spent an hour talking politics and such with the guys and got a good deal on a couple of shirts. I'm going to miss those people.

By the time I got home, my wife was cooking supper for some friends of ours who were coming over. They've been some of our best friends here, and while I hate to leave them, they plan to get married and move to California in the next few years, anyway. We ate my wife's delicious crawfish pasta, enjoyed some Sicilian red wine, and had some great conversation. After talking a little while together, my friend and I went out to the front porch for cognac and cigars. The weather outside was extremely nice and somewhat cool - quite unusual for Louisiana in May. I told my friend that I was going to miss sitting on my porch - I haven't done it nearly enough. It'll probably be awhile before I have a front porch that cool again, but it will happen in due time. It's nights like these that will give me fond memories of living in Central Louisiana. My time here has been good, but at the same time, I wouldn't be caught dead working in this school system another year.

9 Comments:

At 5/14/2006 6:00 PM, Blogger Nerdanel_Istarnië said...

Good friends, crawfish pasta, red wine and cognac, (maybe not the cigars!); sound like a near perfect evening!

Front porch? I've always wanted one of those! :)

 
At 5/14/2006 7:17 PM, Blogger Thom Trahan said...

Is that a pic of the new house, feanor? I want more!

 
At 5/15/2006 8:26 AM, Blogger Kay said...

Didn't Dean just post this pic too? I'm so confused!

How's my calf-fry-eatin' friend?

 
At 5/15/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger AWG said...

I miss Lisa's cooking! You're a lucky man!

 
At 5/15/2006 10:23 AM, Blogger Thom Trahan said...

I honestly don't know.. I don't read dean's blog, so i dno.. I just noticed that the pic is not of Feanor's current house, so i figured it was his new place. Otherwise, what's the point of putting a picture of a hosue that's not your own? another not so logical conclusion is that maybe they're going to be roommates? (just kidding)

 
At 5/15/2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Kay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5/15/2006 2:18 PM, Blogger Kay said...

Hey, I found you! Now you don't even have to look for me, just check your friend requests, buddy! :)

 
At 5/15/2006 2:55 PM, Blogger dean r said...

yeah that's my place, used for the porch effect I assume. sounds like a great weekend fean. enoy your last few days and then the MOVE... wow!

 
At 5/15/2006 3:52 PM, Blogger Fëanor said...

Yeah, that's totally Dean's house. I refrained from commenting until I saw that Dean had gotten on, but I knew that would cause a stir for everyone to see the same picture again.

Dean, you do have a nice porch - even cooler than mine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home