Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The more things change...

...the more things stay the same. It seems that I've found some sporadic employment delivering bulk political mail in a rental truck through three states (GA, SC, NC). It seems that I cannot stay out of these big trucks! Hopefully, this time, I will learn to keep my ego under control. I don't know if I shared this, but I did $160 worth of damage at the storage facility where I keep my stuff. Just when I thought I was getting the hang of that 24 foot truck (I was literally thinking at the moment, "I'm really getting the hang of this!"), the side of my truck hit a guard pole as I was turning. No matter how much it may seem, I need to remember that I am not in control of the road - no matter how big of a truck I am driving!

I hope that AWG will pray to St. Christopher for my safe and damage-free travel.

4 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 9:05 PM, Blogger 2complx said...

It is more fun when you add a trailer to it.

 
At 6/07/2006 10:22 AM, Blogger Kay said...

Good luck, Feanor!!!

 
At 6/07/2006 10:40 AM, Blogger AWG said...

Already done, my friend. Godspeed!

 
At 6/07/2006 4:41 PM, Blogger dean r said...

sorry to hear about the damage setback, sucks! I remember going on lunch break one day years ago and i was feeling so awesome and singin along with the radio, a CHristian station at that!, and then next thing I know I'm being pulled over in a 35, I was feeling a little too good and was speeding apparently not realizing it at all.. UGH! have a great trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home