Friday, June 09, 2006

The weekend that never leaves our memories...

Calf Fry, we remember you in our hearts...

The last few days have been pretty uneventful, by and large. The driving trip of a few days ago was a disaster! I am glad that is over with. I had agreed to drive a 15 foot truck, and my friend ended up renting a 24 foot truck... a NIGHTMARE!!! We had trouble finding our location at all three stops, and finally broke down, switched trucks hours later, and got home at like 3 A.M. This fiasco has been followed by two quiet days. Yesterday, my wife made an amazing chicken parmesan, and today, we went to the bank and got approved for a loan to buy the condo we wanted close to campus. It's good to see that moving forward.

Today, I went to the Verizon store to complete the paperwork to switch my cell phone from my mom's family share plan to my own account, thus enabling me to e-mail pictures with my cell phone. My mom had a block on all text and pix messaging - something I can understand with three boys on her family share plan. Now, I can send pictures for 25 cents a pop, which doesn't matter when it comes to Calf Fry.

Gas to Oklahoma: $70
Calf Fry Ticket: $30
Bad Food at the OKC Arts Festival: $5
Good Food at Eskimo Joe's: $8
Pitcher of Beer: $10
Basket of Calf Fries: $4
Cross Canadian Ragweed Bumper Sticker: $2 (and $2 more from AWG)
E-mailing myself a picture: 25 Cents
An Amazing Weekend: Priceless
Thinking of Dean asking himself, "Will they ever stop talking about this?": EVEN MORE PRICELESS!

For Real, that was an awesome weekend. I was wanting all of you to see this pic because I have not smiled for a picture in this manner since I was in college. I don't know if anyone else sees this in themselves, but as I see pictures of myself in chronological order, I can see the weight of years slowly bearing down. Everyone from my wife on down says that I look so much younger in this picture than I have in years. When you find yourself having so much fun that the years seem to just go away, there's no feeling like it. We need more calf fries... especially after I ate all of them!!!

4 Comments:

At 6/10/2006 4:11 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Good to hear that you are alive! :D Oh and by half a dress I mean that I purchased half of what it cost - 950.00 :)

 
At 6/10/2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Kay said...

Good people, good friends, good times, buddy!

That was an amazing evening. :)

 
At 6/11/2006 10:54 AM, Blogger 2complx said...

you sure look younger than I've ever seen.

 
At 6/12/2006 9:38 AM, Blogger AWG said...

That trip was a blast!!! I really hope we can see CCR in Tulsa in July.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home