Sunday, December 25, 2005

On Account of a Couple of Jackasses...


On this last night of my holiday visit with my parents, my dad and I watched Patton. What a movie!

It's always good to see that you're not the only one who is concerned about victory and success in a world full of people who are only concerned with keeping things quiet and not stepping on anyone's toes. The world is populated by mediocre people, which makes it difficult for us folks who like to press forward and achieve something worthwhile. Perhaps, the most memorable quotable was when Patton's column was being kept from crossing a bridge by a cart being pulled by two donkeys. Patton yells to those on the scene:

"You let a column be stopped and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses!?"

Patton then took out his ivory-handled pistols and took care of the problem. This is quite a metaphor for nearly any situation one encounters in life.

1 Comments:

At 12/26/2005 10:47 AM, Blogger AWG said...

Mediocre jackasses. Ain't the world full o' them. Someone's gotta keep things interesting. That's why I dig the blogosphere. So many freaks and weirdoes out there (myself included) that post just whatever enters their skulls full o' mush. Ya know, I've never seen "Patton." I've always meant to. So many classics I need to see.

Have a safe trip back to A-town!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home