Tuesday, May 02, 2006

13

I'm not really in the habit of posting non-gangsta lyrics, but this new band I've discovered makes such a thing necessary. It seems nearly every song I listen to I can identify with. Being back at work makes me realize how much I want OUT of this business for the time being. When we were going by the OSU campus, I was like, "Stop the car! Let me ENROLL!!!" I want to be back in school so bad! This is for AWG and Sweetbabyk, as well as Dean's Rolo Cookies, who made it to the concert in his stead:

Carney Man

By: Cross Canadian Ragweed

I want a big red nose I want some floppy shoes
I want a squirty flower squirt it on you
Like all the bad clowns do
I want to juggle bowling pins in the sun
I want to join the circus, the circus looks like fun
I'll sit and work the gate or I can guess your weight
I'll even sell the corn dogs I don't care
As long as I am there
I'll hand out baseballs at the dunk tank
I'll ride my funny car laughing... all the way to the bank

Cause I'm a carney man I'm a carney man
I'm a carney man I'm a carney man carney man carney man

The human cannonball I'll rise above it all
Up higher than the trapeze I can fly Oh god I'm gonna die
I am a carney worker I make two bucks
Every hour come to find out ... this job it really sucks*

Cause I'm a carney man I'm a carney man
I'm a carney man I'm a carney man
You need a corndog I can tell You need a corn dog I can tell
I'm a carney man

*As you can guess, there are a lot of folks like myself in the audience who scream an alternate description of this job that *$&%ing sucks. On the live version that I heard, they scream it out, and Cody Canada yells out, "I didn't say it! I didn't say it!" He had told the crowd that if it were said on the live record, it would be their fault. Hilarious.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm here taking tickets, riding my trick car, and guessing weight. It can be fun, but it also kind of sucks. Maybe we all feel like that at our jobs sometimes, but I think I can handle 12 more days of being a "Carney Man."

3 Comments:

At 5/02/2006 10:36 AM, Blogger Kay said...

I know you can make it!! Good song, good post! :)

 
At 5/02/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger Kay said...

BTW, I am loving how you are so "high" on Ragweed now. :)

 
At 5/03/2006 5:58 PM, Blogger AWG said...

Me too, K. It's great to see. Had I only known this when he lived down the street from me. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home