Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Four More Years

We returned home last night from our Christmas vacation to South Carolina with my little brother in tow. His living with us will be interesting, but I think our experience with an exchange student last year has prepared us for another "third wheel." And he even speaks good English!

My wife and I will be celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary tomorrow. It may seem small to some, but when I think about all of the couples our age who have gotten married, I can probably name more marriages that have ended than marriages that are still together. I don't think that divorce has finished making inroads into our cultural mindset. When I was growing up, I used to hear that half of marriages ended in divorce. It must be more than that, now.

Anyway, I guess I'm pretty proud of myself for holding onto a wife for as long as I have. Tomorrow, I'll be drinking to four more years... or maybe I'll just save the drinking for New Year's Eve.

4 Comments:

At 12/30/2005 7:51 PM, Blogger Vins Mouser said...

And a good looking wife to. Congratulations T and L on your 4th and may you have 50 plus more.

 
At 12/30/2005 7:52 PM, Blogger Lucrecia Mouser said...

Congratulations!!
Wow, you got married on New Years Eve.

 
At 1/01/2006 9:41 AM, Blogger Fëanor said...

Thanks, Mousers! Y'all are quite a ways ahead of us.

 
At 1/02/2006 7:57 PM, Blogger Fëanor said...

I think I'll look back on this fourth year as the year that I finally accepted the fact that I was married. I can't imagine ever not being married now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home