Monday, January 02, 2006

Watership Down


I just finished an amazing book, Watership Down. It's a great adventure story about some rabbits and their struggles to survive on their own. There's a funny story behind my reading this book. When I was nearly finished with high school, my cousin let me borrow the book and told me it was her favorite book and that I should read it. Well, I finished high school, went to college, my parents moved... the rest is history.

Who knows the fate of that book that was lent to me?

Well, I was online recently and I ran into a mention of that book and I was like, "$*%&!" Since it was Christmas Break, I went to the library and checked it out. A few days later, I have read a great story and have a clear conscience. Now, all I have to do is buy a new book, send it to my cousin, and pretend nothing happened! LOL

Tomorrow, it'll be time to return to work after a break of nearly three weeks. I wonder if I forgot how to work (not that I was all that great at it, anyway!).

3 Comments:

At 1/03/2006 2:57 PM, Blogger AWG said...

Poor bunnies.

 
At 1/03/2006 7:02 PM, Blogger dean r said...

When it comes to talking animals, Chronicles of Narnia, of course and then, Kenneth Grahme's "Wind in the Willows" is my favorite, I remember reading that the rabbits were portrayed as idiots in response to Watership. cheers, DTR

 
At 1/04/2006 8:25 AM, Blogger Fëanor said...

I suppose I'll have to take a look at "Wind in the Willows." However, if you read Watership, you will realize that rabbits are NOT idiots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home