Saturday, January 14, 2006

Certified!

I checked online today and it appears that I have been issued a real teaching certificate! For the past few years, I've been operating on year-to-year certificates (you can do that for up to 3 years), but no more of this! Now that I've completed my certification program, I've got a certificate to teach Social Studies and Business Education that I don't have to renew next year.

It might seem like small potatoes, but when you work a job that you're not fully qualified for, it tends to be a relief when, suddenly, you're qualified! It's been a long, two and a half year journey with lots of pressure on the way.

What next? Well, Clemson University has received my application for graduate study in history. The graduate coordinator told me that I might hear something within a week. Seems pretty fast and I hope that this means it will be good news when I hear it!

In the meantime, I'll just have to be the best computer teacher and student council sponsor while counting down the rest of this year.

3 Comments:

At 1/15/2006 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I hate to see u go, but at least you will be furthering your education--while you are young!!!!

 
At 1/15/2006 7:10 PM, Blogger AWG said...

Things are comin' together, my man. Congrats!!!!

 
At 1/17/2006 5:02 PM, Blogger dean r said...

there are some excellent grad schools in OK and TX, I hear............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home