Monday, January 16, 2006

Free At Last!


This Martin Luther King Day has given me a much-needed opportunity to have another day to rest and contemplate before returning to work. Last week, one of my colleagues finally had enough of the unreasonable demands of our work environment and turned in his notice. Friday was his last day.

Meanwhile, I am only halfway through with the year. However, I believe that I'll be able to stick it out until the end. If the school year is a mountain, I have climbed to the top and it is just a matter of getting down...

And when that day arrives, I will join hands with all of God's children, singing, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, [I am] free at last!"

1 Comments:

At 1/17/2006 5:06 PM, Blogger dean r said...

terrible analogy, but I hear you, and yes you can do it easy, from what I can see the kids probably love you tons by now anyway. and from what I've read, yes you do have a heart and interest for teaching, and finding different audiences for that is half the fun. DTR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home